Thursday, October 18, 2012

Writing Therapy

Saw my therapist yesterday for the first time in months; since just at the beginning of the chaos that has kept me from writing or even wanting to write. He was distressed that I haven't been writing (outside of blogging) and urged me to get back to it.
     He is possibly the best therapist in the world and while he doesn't write, he is a big reader and huge lover of books. He knows that those of us with any kind of creative nature have to create in order to stay balanced and happy. Writers have to write, singers have to sing, dancers have to dance, artists have to paint or sculpt or whatever. (I am not ignoring the other less recognized kinds of artists: jewelery makers, those who knit or crochet, fashion designers, etc. I know all such things are driven by the need to make something to share with the world.) Our creativity is such a big part of us that it is unhealthy to keep away from it.
     I haven't purposely kept away from writing. For a few months I haven't had the energy to write, even on the rare occasions recently that I have had time. But the urge to write is starting to rear is lovely head and I hope to get back to it soon.
     There will always be chaos - it's part of life - but hopefully not so much of it. I admire writers who can keep up with their writing in spite of the craziness in their lives. I am jealous of those who can use writing to keep themselves grounded when things get wild and stressful. It seems I'm not one of them, but maybe one day I will learn to be.
    So, the next time I have a few extra minutes and I'm not exhausted, I hope to do some writing. And I feel positive that soon I will be once again, planning writing time into my week and doing so on a regular basis. Perhaps it will create some order to battle the chaos.


www.daylightsend.weebly.com
www.trustindarkness.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment