Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Maybe It's Not Poor Spelling...

I have mentioned before that I have come to rely on spell check when writing blog posts. (Word always auto corrects me before I realize there was an error).  This is rarely because I use a word I don't know how to spell. I am one of those writers who will occasionally change a word or an entire sentence to avoid looking up spelling or correct usage.
    Most of the words I misspell are the same words, common words, known (at least in education) as "commonly misspelled words" or "spelling demons". (That term is a story waiting to be written...) I have begun to wonder if my brain actually spells the word wrong or if the problem is really typos. Does my brain know the correct spelling and my finger's muscle memory just ignore the brain's messages and type it incorrectly? Does it matter?
     What I really need is grammar check; something more than Words occasional "Fragment - consider revising" or useless highlighting of grammar issues without explanation, leaving me to figure out what the problem is. Perhaps my writing peer Grammar Goddesses could create a program for that.


www.daylightsend.weebly.com
www.trustindarkness.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment