Monday, June 4, 2012

More "On Gratitude"

More quotes -informational, practical, motivational - mostly from writers, in Todd Aaron Jensen's book:

"I do a totally organic kind of writing, so the characters take the story to places I never anticipated. They have a certain kind of free will, and I get amazed all the time by where these stories go and how these characters respond to certain situations. I'm very grateful for this." - Dean Koontz

"I don't have any feelings about literature. First of all, I don't write in any literary style. I don't have the words. Or inclination." - Elmore Leonard

"I've come to this conclusion: it's better to work. And even if it is only crap, then honestly, you're just honing your craft. I think it's better to go out there and work. Work on your craft. Just do it." - Malcolm McDowell

"I love to read. Reading, especially good books, makes me excited and kind of restless, and I feel like I want to write, too." - Joyce Carol Oates

"I write something all the time. Inspiration comes from everything." - Dolly Parton

"One of the reasons I am a slow reader is that I hear every word out loud. I hook in best with fiction in which there is a musical quality, because I am hearing it." - Ann Rice

"I don't get paid without readers. So I appreciate that enduring fan base. It does keep me going. And for someone to take the time to say they like me. That's a blessing." - John Updike

"I tell everyone to practice some art, no matter how badly or how well. It doesn't matter. It's the experience of becoming - of creating - that truly matters." - Kurt Vonnegut

"The work ethic is simple. I told myself a long time ago - if you don't put your behind in that chair, you'll have to put it in someone else's chair. That settled that." - Danielle Steele

www.jennifermballard.com
www.daylightsend.weebly.com
www.trustindarkness.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment