Monday, January 14, 2013

Goals

The top goal I had for 2013 - which I planned to accomplish in the first week of the new year - was to publish my second novel, Before Daylight. Toward that effort, I was working diligently on revisions and even carried my laptop around with me so I could work on them more. The only result of this was  I lost my flash drive that had my novel on it. It also has nearly every completed work I've written, but all others have been saved on my hard-drive and a back up flash-drive.) Before Daylight is also saved on my hard drive - but not the last three rounds of edits.
     At this time, the idea of going back to the last saved edition and redoing all the revisions is too overwhelming for me to consider. And - forever the optimist - since the only place I had taken my computer on the fateful day I lost my flash drive was my mom's house, I am confident and hopeful that my flash drive is simply misplaced, not lost forever.  However, my mom did recently move and her new house is in the throes of being unpacked and is in chaos, so that's another glitch.
     Not a very auspicious start to the writing year. I am not one who believes all things happen for a reason, but this does have the upside of making me work on some other writing goals I have been ignoring. I have a second installment of my short story series and a collection of horse-mystery short stories I have wanted to publish and I am moving forward with these projects while waiting for my flash-drive to reappear.
     In my last post, I sort of spoke out against making resolutions for the new year. In light of this recent dilemma, I resolve to always save all updates and edits to each and every work on both flash drive and hard drive.



www.daylightsend.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment