Saturday, January 19, 2013

Dennis Lehane

I recently discovered this author through the most recent of what I refer to as my random book choices (books I pick up and start reading for no reason that I can pinpoint), A Drink Before The War. The novel reminded me of Robert B. Parker's Spencer series although the protagonist, Patrick, is younger, less experienced and more unsure of himself than Spencer. I love Parker and Spencer and thoroughly enjoyed this book.
     It wasn't until I finished the book that I checked to see what other titles Lehane has published and learned there were ones I recognized, including Mystic River, which my writer's group friends claim is one of the best books ever (and a great movie). I recommend this book to mystery fans and I look forward to reading more of Lehane's books.


www.daylightsend.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment